Here at Dalton Safety we offer our customers a full workwear audit that enables us and our customers to fully outline what is required and what is needed for their employees to work to the highest standards possible while being comfortable and safe.
- Define the Objective: We start by getting an idea of the purpose of the audit. Is it to ensure compliance with safety regulations, assess the condition of existing workwear, or identify needs for replacement or upgrades
- Identify who will be involved: We determine who will be involved in the audit process. This might include safety officers, HR representatives, department managers, and employees.
- Review Regulations and Guidelines: We need to understand what standards and regulations need to be met across the customers premisses when it comes to workwear requirements.
- Create an Audit Checklist: We work with our customers to develop a checklist to guide the audit process. This would include things like the type of workwear required for different job roles, condition of existing workwear (e.g., wear and tear, cleanliness), compliance with safety standards (e.g., high visibility, flame-resistant), availability of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, helmets, or goggles.
- Schedule the Audit: We then determine the timeline and schedule for conducting the audit. We need to ensure that all relevant factors are considered such as employee availability and workflow disruptions.
- Conduct the Audit: We will then physically inspect workwear items and equipment according to the checklist created by our customer. We will note any deficiencies, damages, or non-compliance issues. One of the most important parts is to engage with employees to gather feedback on comfort, fit, and functionality of their workwear.
- Document Findings: We record audit findings in a systematic manner, noting any observations, recommendations, or corrective actions needed. We will take photographs where necessary to document the condition of workwear items.
- Evaluate Compliance and Effectiveness: We will assess the overall compliance with safety regulations and company standards. Evaluate the effectiveness of existing workwear in providing adequate protection and comfort for employees.
- Identify Improvement Opportunities: Based on our findings we will identify areas for improvement, such as replacement or repair of damaged workwear items, updating workwear policies or purchasing new equipment to enhance safety and comfort, provide additional training on proper use and care of workwear.
- Develop an Action Plan: We will work with our customer to create a detailed action plan outlining steps to address identified deficiencies and implement improvements and work with our customers to assign responsibilities and set timelines for completion of action items.